Flow Meter AVERY HARDOLL BM 550 directly converts volume to rotational output with minimum scope for error and with minimal disturbance from surrounding conditions, such as turbulence from nearby valves, bends, and other system conditions.
- Positive displacement measurement
- 115 to 4000 LPM (30 to 1000 GPM) flow rates
- Unequalled performance in measurement
The positive displacement principle is the ONLY accurate method of measuring fluid flow. No other technology can achieve such accuracy because measurement becomes inferred, which is indirect and subject to assumption. The Avery-Hardoll® bulkmeter directly converts volume to rotational output with minimum scope for error and with minimal disturbance from surrounding conditions, eg. turbulence from nearby valves, bends, etc.
- The product enters the meter through the inlet manifold (1) and causes the rotor (4) to revolve by pressure on the vanes (3).
- The proximity of the rotor (4) to the body (2) forms an efficient seal, whilst the profile of the casing ensures that the vanes (3) are guided through the measuring crescent (5), where the volume of product is accurately measured.
- Product at line pressure fills the spaces between the inner (6) and outer (7) end covers providing pressure balanced inner end covers which are therefore protected from distortion due to changes in line pressure.
- An extension shaft driving through a pressure tight gland in the meter front cover, transmits the rotor revolutions to the calibrating gearing (8) which drives the counter (9).